Job Title: Executive Director
Job Category: Disaster Recovery
Location: Duplin County, North Carolina
Travel Required: Yes (expense reimbursed at IRS rate)
Salary Level/Range: Salary Negotiable ($40,000 – $50,000 range)
Position Type: Full-Time. This position is currently funded for a 12 month period. Continuation of employment will depend on securing grants and other funding.
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week, including evening and weekend hours
Applications Accepted by DRGDC Exec. Committee
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
Return Cover Letter and Resume to:
Attn: Chair of Search Committee
P.O. Box 1252
Wallace, NC 28466
Subject Line: Executive Director Position
A strong candidate for Executive Director will have the following qualifications: experience in non-profit management; experience in grant writing and fundraising; experience working with families impacted by community disasters; public relations; ability to oversee and support work done by Committees; self-starter; a commitment to work with people in poverty and disaster-stricken in a positive manner; recruiting board members and volunteers; provide key leadership to enable DRGDC to achieve its mission and develop a forward-looking and moving vision with the members of DRGDC.
- Coordinate Training Opportunities
- Work with Unmet Needs Committee to Maintain records for all clients.
- Represent DRGDC to the public and media.
- Work with DRGDC President to plan Member meetings and Executive Board
- Report directly to the Executive Board for guidance.
- Provide data and reports to the DRGDC Executive Board, in support of grant
- Communicate regularly with the referring and supporting agencies.
- Work with Communication Committee to prepare flyers, update social media
- Work with Finance Committee to develop a budget forecasting projection for
each year’s budget.
- Develop, update and maintain policies and procedures in conjunction with the Board.
- Oversee Offices, keep regular office hours, provide ease of access to volunteer
and support groups, etc..
- Ease in talking with religious leaders, civic leaders and groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- B. A degree; Advanced Degree preferred or at least three years of experience in
non-profit management and coordination of volunteers.
* Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) helpful but not required
- Any offer of employment by the Disaster Recovery Group of Duplin County is contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Before any background checks is conducted, the applicant must sign and submit a background check authorization and release form to the hiring agency.
- Candidate must have a valid Drivers License.
- Communication skills, oral and written: ability to make presentations to large groups
- Planning and organizational skills: ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Leadership skills: ability to make decisions, solve problems, delegate tasks and
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in fundraising
- Grant writing experience preferred